Ecommerce Marketing has two primary goals
- Getting visitors to come to your site
- Converting visitors to customers
Ecommerce Search Marketing
- Potential visitors enter search words or a phrase into a search engine and the results generated usually 10 per page
- The majority of people using search engines visit listings from the first page of such a search.
- Pay-Per-Click advertising (PPC) such as Google Adwords are the paid listings which appear highlighted at the top of the first page of such searches.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) using keywords increase search rankings with the goal of getting your listing at the top of the search page.
Ecommerce Marketing through Social Media
- Monitor social sites to gain information on where potential customers can be reached.
- Engage potential customers with information from your website, blogs, questions, discussions or polls.
- Promote exclusive offers or market free shipping software with links to your website for download.
Ecommerce Marketing using Product Feeds , free feeds such as Google shopping display your products within organic search results.
Comparison Shopping Engines (CSE) which is paid marketing similar to PPC, you pay when a customer clicks on the product and is then taken to your ecommerce Store, ecommerce Affiliate programs such as Commission Junction and LinkShare. These allow you access to third party marketers who help to promote your products through email, advertising and online links in exchange for commission.
It is no good having great e-commerce marketing if the visitors don’t convert into customers……
Converting visitors into customers requires a well designed website with ecommerce shipping. Your site should be eye-catching, uncluttered, easy to navigate, readable and offer something for free. Make shopping online a pleasant enjoyable experience!
Get the design right and you can accommodate even the fussiest buyer!
Design your website with your target market in mind, bright and bold for youth age, something a little bit more mature for older customers and even more subdued for seniors.
Readable content means text should be easy to read so choose a good size readable font, and ensure font color and background are compatible!
Pages should be simple and inviting, easy to navigate and well organized. You want customers to stay on the site, browse and buy!
Product information should include high quality images and a pertinent description such as functionality and intended use.
Encryption is a must for a fast secure checkout. Have an emailed invoice and tracking number and your buyers are likely to be back because you made it easy and convenient to deliver good customer service.
Encourage customers and visitors to sign up for Store Newsletters, which you can use to deliver tips , hints or useful reviews of products to keep your site’s name directly in front of potential buyers.
Promotional Campaigns – downloadable or emailed coupons, product samples, competitions and opt-ins can generate a potential ‘customer list’ from those browsing the site, which can be used for future marketing.
Listen to your customers, allow customers the option of giving feedback to review your products, and comment on their experience of your customer service.
The Customer is Always Right even online!